Shenzhen, China, 518000
Joined on June, 2018
Any day at any time
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationUniversity College London (UCL)
2.1: Bachelor of Arts and Sciences – Planning and Real Estate
London School of Economics (LSE
Passed: S. Programme – Analyses and Management
Queen Mary University of London (QM) London, UK
2:1: Bachelor of Arts and Sciences - Business and Economics
Queens School, Hertfordshire Hertfordshire, UK
A Levels AAA b: English Literature, Psychology,
Business Studies, Religious Studies
ExperienceTavistock Tutors/ Private Tuition UK/China UK, Guangzhou
English Literature/Language Tutor
• Helped prepare students for a number of final exams including GCSE, A-LEVELs.
• Working with children aged 12-18 in adapting to the UK by learning both the language and the cultural aspect of the country.
• Helped children with university and private school applications from Guangzhou to England. 80% of the children I worked with managed to enter a Russell Group university in the UK.
• Organised several visits to the British consulate in Guangzhou for my students.
• Familiarised my students with English Literature and helped to apply English in their daily lives through music, film and art.
• Taught adults Business English and public speaking skills.
• Helped my Chinese to prepare for business meetings with their western counterparts.
HobbiesI am a UK national, currently I reside in Shenzhen Guangdong. English has always been one of my great passions. It is something of incredible value and gives the opportunity to open many doors in the western world. I have actively been involved in teaching English since 2013 alongside my studies and other endeavours. I believe English should be taught in a way that is helpful in real life scenarios both social and business. I am somebody that likes to see my students succeed in life rather than just in the realms of the English Language.
For me, the student’s confidence in the subject material is key. This is only achieved by tailoring my approach to each student’s individual style of learning. Exam preparation is also something of utmost importance and aiming to get into a top university or high school will be a priority. This is achieved not only via the marking and detailed feedback of essay answers, but also through developing the student’s individual approach and strategy in the exam hall.
I am an active member of the UCL and LSE postgrad alumni and have great knowledge about the top class UK universities which I can share with you. I also enjoy coaching football and above all else I like Cross-cultural exchanges.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.